

The moment you turn thirteen or fourteen, lust arises on its own. That’s what you experience without any effort or discipline, correct? You don’t require to be disciplined or determined for your pubic hair to grow or your periods to start. Stuff just flows on its own!
So, don’t say…

If the two persons who are in this social arrangement of marriage are also spiritual friends, then they rise above the social arrangement. The social arrangement by itself is a recipe for disaster. But when the social arrangement is purified, consecrated by the spiritual touch, then the poison in it…

Disabling drugs need not be a chemical or weed; it could be something ostensibly as harmless as entertainment. “I love my Xbox”—and it is not illegal. But it is performing much the same function as banned narcotics. If we were a conscious society, we would see that.
Much of the…

Law just says that there is a legal age—eighteen, twenty-one and such things. First of all, giving birth requires that there has to be mental maturity.
Unfortunately, 99% of the world’s population is not at all mentally mature enough to be parents. The funny thing is that the 1% who…

Questioner: How did sages like Ashtavakra and Adi Shankara attain wisdom at such an early age of fourteen or eight? You have said in many of your videos that unbearable pain coming from falseness is the starting point of the journey towards the Truth. How can someone have this kind…

Questioner (Q): We encounter these nodes in the path of our lives where we have to make decisions. The majority of us have a lot of duties associated with our life, and these duties also come with some demands associated with how we must act. For example, right now I…

Questioner: Most of our physical activities have come to a halt because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This situation has been new to us all. Two years have gone by like this, and while there has been some improvement in handling the situation compared to the initial chaos and confusion, the…

Questioner (Q): Why do people commit suicide?
Acharya Prashant (AP): They still have a lot of hope. They feel that suicide would redeem them. They have not given up everything. They are still carrying a lot of hope. If I do not know what is beyond life, how can I…

Questioner: Namaste, I would like to raise the issue of gossiping from an evolutionary psychology perspective. It has basically only benefits, like maintaining community and building like bonding in large groups. Still being engaged in someone’s private and personal life seems somewhat questionable to me. I am raising the…

Questioner: This is concerned with the fact of minute-to-minute understanding. So, for example, when I have seen the pain and cruelty being carried out on animals in the slaughterhouse, let’s say to a cow, then I have the understanding. But, then I also have the tendencies of having eaten meat…

Acharya Prashant (AP): It is also an assignment, correct? You did not write it on your own accord; somebody assigned this work to you, right? Is there any difference? Is this sheet of paper any more or any less significant with all the heaps of assignments that you have created…

Questioner (Q): Sir, you have said that a real leader does not need followers. I want to understand this.
Acharya Prashant (Q): The question is, “Sir the handout reads very clearly that a real leader does not need followers. I want to understand this. To understand this statement, you will…

Questioner (Q): Sir, what is maturity? What is the real age of being mature?
Acharya Prashant (AP): Good. So, Aakrati has opened the session she has asked, “What is the real meaning of maturity?”
Aakrati, whenever we mention the word ‘maturity’, we mention it in the sense of growing up.…

Acharya Prashant: The quote says - “Every thought I have imprisoned in an expression I must free by my deeds.”
What are the deeds? What is honest doing?
In honest doing realization guides thoughts, determination, and in that, determination instantaneously turns into action. The doer is realization. The real doer

In this huge and complex world, especially living in the era of transition where everyone is an actor in the contemporary stage of globalisation, it is very difficult to spare time for oneself. And the biggest challenge comes where you are unaware of your situation.
The lifestyle today is so…

Questioner (Q): What is the right age for spirituality?
Acharya Prashant (AP): See, passive voice in the English language is quite deceptive. “Spirituality is associated with old age,” and you have conveniently hidden- by whom?

Acharya Prashant: We can live in two kinds of worlds. How? Even as I am speaking to you, some of you are listening, and the others might be thinking and wandering and lost in imagination, Right? Do you see that? You have to be together in this. Is that alright?…

AP: It’s so simple that you’ll be disappointed actually. It is not jazzy to hear or glamorous to look at.
*Love* is a relationship. A healthy relationship is Love. Any healthy relationship is Love, and a healthy relationship is possible only when you are healthy.

Question: If a person has stage-fear, how can that person enhance or extract the ‘Inner-confidence?’
Acharya Prashant: Sit. See ‘confidence’ and ‘fearfulness,’ ‘confidence’ and ‘fear’ these two are actually the two names for the same state of mind. Fearfulness says, “I’m at the risk of losing something important that something

Acharya Prashant: Sourabh is saying, what is the value of our own thinking when we know that the mind is so vulnerable to being manipulated by others?
When we know that the mind is full of influences coming from others, then what is the value of our thoughts?

Question: Can the human tendency of getting confused and making decisions can be gotten rid off?
Acharya Prashant: You cannot get rid of something if you don’t know what it is? There were a thousand of kinds of diseases once upon a time that are no more there. Smallpox is…

Question: What should be the place of our parent’s views in our decision making?
Acharya Prashant: Who will decide the importance given to anybody’s views? Parents views or anybody’s views? Who will decide that? You will decide that. Even if I give you some answer right now, who will decide…

Questioner: Sir, you always say to live with the thoughts. But at any second there are so many thoughts in mind so how to control it, sir? How to control the mind?
Acharya Prashant: Who will control them? If one is in a dream and the dream is a very…

Listener: Why are we always scared? In a class if I’m sitting and I’ve to ask question to our teacher, then why do we always think that what people will think of us if I ask this question?
Acharya Prashant: What’s your name?

Questionnaire: Sir, Why expectation comes with attachment. And how attachment can be controlled?
Acharya Prashant: Sit. What’s your name?
Questionnaire: Jyoti Narayan.

Questioner (Q): Sir, there is something negative in our mind. And the more I suppress it, it keeps on increasing. So, what’s the way out?
Acharya Prashant (AP): The only reason, why negative feelings keep on increasing, is because you want to suppress them. There is great pleasure in the…

Questioner (Q): What is the basic need of anyone? Money or Love?
Acharya Prashant (AP): What’s your name?
Q: Vaibhav

Listener 1: There was no restriction about the percentages. My parents expected from me to just pass. So I really lived all my school life and even after that as I wanted. But now I see that I am regretting it. At present I think I shouldn’t have done that.…

Acharya Prashant (AP): One does not live with family, one lives in relationships.
Please understand this.
The son or the wife — as physical entities — can remain the same, yet the relationship can be different. So, one need not physically move away from them but the relationship has to

Acharya Prashant: Vice is the spice of life.
I am saying: vice is spice. Mostly, what you call as virtue, is just empty morality.
Listener 1: Yes, Sir.

Question: Sir, I have seen one of your videos on YouTube about ‘What is God?’. I understand that God, for me, is whenever I have a desire and I want something from the future, then God comes for me, so should I stop worshiping God?
Acharya Prashant: Obviously, if God…

Question: Sir, I am afraid of making decisions. I depend on others for my decisions. Please help me on this.
Shri Prashant: Can one really be afraid of making a decision? We are actually afraid that the decision will prove to be ‘wrong’. Is it the decision-making that terrifies us…

Shri Prashant: This is a camera (holding a smartphone in hand, pointing towards the camera) and let’s say that there is something written over here (pointing at the wall). I want to let it come to me through this camera and I record it using this camera and the…

Shri Prashant: The question asked is why must one understand the ego?
So, what is the ego? What have you understood? Forget the rules.
Listener 1: Something which lets us develop ourselves. If we do not have ego, we cannot develop.

Listener: Can we do music, study and exercise together, successfully?
Speaker: Sagar is asking, can I be into music, studies and exercising simultaneously.

Listener: Sir, we have heard this thing and understood it well that with maturity comes responsibility. My question is on the next statement which I will state now that, “Responsibility also given before time and before maturity, have the tendency to spoil that person to whom it is given,…

Question: I often find my life revolving around petty issues, issues around ‘me’, mine’. And there is a deep frustration because of this. I feel that I want something more. Is that just an ideology, or there is something more to it?
Speaker: Life is not something, cast in stone.

Question: Sir, how to become a child again?
Speaker: The child is there, let it loose. Why do you cage it? Why do you suppress it? Why must you act so mature and grown up? Why must your face be so thoughtful? Why must you appear so serious and absorbed?…

Question: How do I know whether I am right or wrong?’ Against what benchmarks and standards do I determine whether I am right or wrong? I am confused.
Speaker: How does anybody know whether he is right or wrong? After all, you are of a particular age, you are grown…

Questioner: Dear Sir, I am writing this mail with a very heavy heart. It is on account of my affection for my father, that I had to get into the filth of society and family. But now that I am into it, I find myself unable to be a part…

Question: What we get from outside especially in the childhood, is the love, affection, care of our parents, family. How can that contribute to our ego?
Speaker: There is a saying, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.” People’s intentions are good, but they end up doing a…

Speaker: You see we are outrageously arrogant when it comes to small things, we are so fond of claiming that which we do not have, but we are absurdly humble when it comes to claiming that which we really have. You don’t have a large house but you would not…

*T***o personally meet or connect with Acharya Prashant: click here.**
Question: Sir, is it possible to help those who are deeply blind, even if they do not agree or acknowledge that they are blind? Is it possible to help such people?

Speaker: ‘How can I get my ex-girlfriend back?’ The question comes from Shubham. Shubham you will have to die (audience bursts into laughter). There is no other way, you will have to die.
You know, it was Kabir who said:

Question: How can we overcome our fears?
Speaker: For quite a while I have been inviting questions. Did you think just now of asking this question, or was this question written on your page since the beginning?

Speaker: Amit says, ‘Assuming that I have to go to a place where there are all foolish men, how can I retain my individuality there?’ First of all the individual does not have to go anywhere. ‘Have to’ implies compulsion. ‘Have to’ implies that there is somebody else who is…

Speaker: The mind of the child is like a sponge. It gets influenced by everything. Just as the sponge absorbs everything it comes in contact with, the mind of the child also absorbs everything. A child’s mind is like a clean slate. Anything can be written on it. Have you…

Acharya Prashant (AP): Wonderful! A nice question has come to us. Our friend is saying that greed is making people work. If you remove greed from people’s life, they will not grow. So, I'm asking him, what is growth?
Questioner (Q): Growth is evolution. Like we have evolved into a…

Speaker: How many of you feel this way that when the time is there, the opportunity is there, you feel blank? The mind experiences a blackout. Do you understand a blackout? There is nothing. And when the moment is gone then the thoughts arise. In the moment of action, you…
AP: Kiran. Sit…
Listener 1: Yes sir. Both.…
SP: Put it in very simple language,…
Speaker: Since the beginning. You did not raise…